Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Who are you?

Who are you?  I know exactly who I am.  I'm that guy you may or may not have passed in the street.  I'm that guy that teaches his kids to stand up for what is right, by standing up for what he feels is right.  What is right?  Is something right based on your opinion?  Is it right because it sounds good? Maybe it's right just because it's right.

I know my last post kind of went slightly into a rant of sorts.  Oh well, I said my piece on it, and I still feel the same way, and it's time to move on.  I don't intend for my writings to be rants, but more along the lines of thought provoking.  Or you could call it brain prodding if you believe contrary to my ways, which is fine too.  I don't get into politics and votes and all that mumbo jumbo, which I will explain why later.  But interwoven in the political scene is something that catches my attention and bothers me at the same time.  I don't want to debate morality of the issue, but more so the concept behind it.

What catches my attention?  People starting their own campaign for elected positions.  I can see someone already holding the position and wanting to be reelected, which doesn't concern me.  But I feel that if someone is to be elected to a position the people should pick that person or persons and go from there.  Not so much the, I want to run for this title, and so do these guys, pick one of us.  I am also a firm believer in "job-advancement", where if someone holding a position does well, and would like to be elected for a higher position, they should be first in the running.  If I'm not mistaken many years ago holding a public office was a great symbol of pride bestowed upon an individual, where now it just seems to be about the money and the topics of debate.  It doesn't seem like anyone want to advance our country from where it was, but more like once someone is placed in a position, everything they do is geared towards the next PERSONAL advancement for themselves.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my country.  I spent 4 years in R.O.T.C. learning military values.  I served proudly in the U.S.Army and was Honorably Discharged.  I have read and even lived the ups and downs of the country I live in.  With that said, I want to see only the best for my country, and I don't think the tactics I observe from day to day are the right moves for that to happen.  What do YOU think should change to make our America the best it could be?

Why don't I get involved with politics, voting, this ballot and that?  It's pretty simple.  The entire format doesn't fit into what I feel is fair and right for my country, much less my county, district or state.  I alone cannot change how it is done aside from sharing my thoughts with others.  Maybe the right people will read what I have written and passed along and share it to the point that I start a movement.  A movement in what I believe is in the right direction.  At that point I will gladly stand with my fellow countrymen and women and help reconstruct our nation.  Hey, I may dream big, but at least I'm dreaming.  I guess my overall point for having nothing to do with politics is this.  If you only have choices A and B, and you don't approve of either one are you better off picking the lessor of two evils and hoping it works, or not choosing either and knowing you're not responsible for the messes they make?  I feel that sharing my thoughts with others may get some people out there to think outside of the box, and as a whole, we can make things better.  Until then, it's just hoping.

I want to know what you think.  Am I nuts for my way of thinking?  Should I just assimilate?  Do you have a different point of view to share with others? I'm all ears...oh, and part brain too.

That's all for today.  Please take a little time out of your day to do something nice for someone else.  Pay it Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice, young folks may read this. If you have criticism, please make it constructive. Thanks!