Wednesday, May 09, 2012

How many friends will I have after this?



Above this text you will see an audio player.  I highly encourage you to play this and listen to it.  If you agree with it, please share it.  If you agree or disagree with it, I want to know why.  Fill in a comment below.  Now.  What is this all about?  It's about a touchy subject I have been hearing about for the past day or so.  It's about letting Gays and Lesbians get married.  I've heard the arguments and slander from both sides, and understand both sides of the argument.  I have my own belief, which does side with the Gay and Lesbian side, but I feel from what I've seen, it may be for different reasons.  Let me lay it out for you.

If you want to understand where my point of view comes from, listen to it above.  I'm just going to write out the basics here.  The only debate I see being thrown up as to why homosexuals should NOT be allowed to get married is strictly religious point of view.  When does religion dictate law?  My question to those with that debate is, "What about people that have a different belief?".  Are they wrong for having a belief that doesn't coincide with yours?  What about homosexuals that do follow the Bible and understand their sins, and they are prepared to pay for that sin in the afterlife?  I can't personally quote the Bible.  I don't feel the need to, or even want to.  But I have read it, in different versions, and have a fairly decent understanding of it.  I'm not a scholar, but I have a good idea of what I'm talking about.  That would be, as with most religions, they are open to interpretation.  Now, for other people that maybe don't follow the Bible, or have completely different beliefs altogether... What does YOUR Bible and YOUR beliefs have to do with THEM?  Don't take me the wrong way.  I am not trashing Christians or their beliefs.  I am trashing the belief that the Bible and God are the ONLY beliefs available to people.  It doesn't matter to me if someone is Atheist, Baptist, Pagan, or Voodoo High Priest.  What does matter to me is that people have something to believe in.  Even an Atheist believes that there is no higher being.  They stick to their beliefs.  They don't push their beliefs onto others.  But they will respond when the time calls for it.

Like the title of this blog mentions, I don't really know how many friends I'll have after this.  But as I think about it, I think I may know the answer.  If I lose a friend over this, they weren't a friend to start with.  That means my answer would be, "All of them.".  All of my friends will still be there after this.

If you listen to the entire clip, please follow the call to action.  Do what you feel is the right thing, and stand up for what you believe in.  If any portion of the audio or this writing motivate you or inspire you, please share it with others in the hopes that your passion will pass along with it.

Do something good for someone else, and Pay it Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice, young folks may read this. If you have criticism, please make it constructive. Thanks!