Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Proud Papa Moment

I know I already wrote a post earlier today, but this one is more of a journal post than an article. I wanted to share a collection of moments that just touches my heart, from a Daddy's viewpoint. My wife and I rarely go out anymore whether it be because of a lack of time, lack of money, or just pure lack of "get-up-and-go". We finally got to go out by ourselves the other night (Thanks Grandma!). While we were out we took pictures of each other to share on the "Socialwebs" that we got a date night. We finished our date and got back home. My wife saved the picture of me as the wallpaper on her phone and our youngest daughter saw me on the screen. The screen only lit up for about 10 seconds and would go out. Our daughter took Mommy's phone and was playing with my picture and looking at me grinning. When the screen went out though, she would literally throw the phone back at Mommy (we know throwing stuff at Mommy's isn't nice, but we made the exception because it was so funny to watch). She threw the phone back until Mommy would turn the screen back on, which she would play with my picture, and turn towards me and grin. This cycle went on for a while. Below is a video I shot of her before we stopped and got her ready for bed.







My other daughter, "Critter" is older and is also my little shadow.  She refuses to let me out of her sight most of the time, and she wants to do, or help do anything that Daddy does. Since she is older, we do quite a bit of stuff together, that Buggy will get to do when she gets older too.  I have posted a few YouTube videos including her doing the little things...wait a minute, let me say that a different way...I posted videos of her doing things that are common and simple to me, but mean the world to her.  And that's all I really look for, is trying to find ways to make wonderful memories with my children.  I'll post some of her videos below if you care to see them, or you can visit my YouTube channel by clicking the tab at the top of the page.
















These are just a few of my Proud Papa moments.  They happen all the time, and if I posted every one of them on here, I don't think I would ever get a break from writing.  So girls, when you get older, and if you ever read this, Daddy loves you.  You better KNOW it.

Now, it's time to go play with my "youngins".

Remember, do something nice for someone else.  Pay It Forward.

2 comments:

Please play nice, young folks may read this. If you have criticism, please make it constructive. Thanks!