Thursday, May 03, 2012

Who and What.

Who and what are "Critter and Buggy"?  Those are the nicknames given to my two daughters, among many others.  Granted this entire blog won't be completely about my daughters, but I also won't hesitate one bit to put something about them on here.  Like any proud father, I talk nonstop about my kids, so it isn't too far-fetched for me to name something after them.  This entry won't be very long, basically because I don't have a lot to write about right now.  I was getting tired of seeing a blank page where my blog should be though.  I decided to start this after I read about another family that was documenting their sick child's life.

The inspiration fueling this blog was baby Avery, a child diagnosed with SMA.  I still don't know all the details about the disease other than it is fatal in nature.  I'll include a link to their blog at the bottom of this article.  There, you can find out more about the disease and also see how moving the blog is.  I considered it both awesome and sad at the same time.

I didn't start this to copy their idea, and I highly doubt this is 100% original in concept, but I felt compelled to write again.  Whether it be about inspiration, a new recipe, my kid's activities for the day, or just plain old anything.  I've been trying to video different things through the years and put them on YouTube so that when they were older they could readily go back and see how things have changed, and hopefully show their own kids.  To go along with that, I kind of want to have written word for my kids, grandkids, and so on to read from me.  That way even after I'm gone, they can still get a sense of who I am/was.  Maybe even add on to what I have and start a tradition to keep on rolling through the family.

Please take a moment to read about baby Avery.  I hope you find the story as moving as I did.

Baby Avery Link: http://www.averycan.blogspot.com/

That's all for now.

Do something good for someone else, pay it forward.

Bill Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice, young folks may read this. If you have criticism, please make it constructive. Thanks!